HOF Header

HOF Header
"ENDURANCE for Ankylosing Spondylitis"

BWBS Banner

BWBS Banner
For all of your Cycling and Triathlon needs, please contact the Bike Works Beach and Sports Ohana!! Schedule a trip to Hawaii and Join us for a group ride!!

Oomph! Sports

Oomph! Sports
Oomph Sports handmakes well constructed, comfortable athletic apparel.

PocketFuel

PocketFuel
PocketFuel was created by athletes for athletes with a passion for fueling a high energy, active, healthy lifestyle. Blending work and play, passion and power!!

Chamois Butt'r

Chamois Butt'r
Every Endurance Athlete's BEST FRIEND!!!

Skora Running

Skora Running
Run Real!!

Niupure

Niupure
Please click on the link above for more information about Niupure. A natural immune booster and antioxidant that works wonders for Helgi

Keauhou Veterinary Hospital

Keauhou Veterinary Hospital
Keauhou Veterinary Hospital

Xterra Wetsuits

Xterra Wetsuits
XTERRA WETSUITS

Base

Base
Base Performance Supplements

TriSports.com

TriSports.com
Swim. Bike. Run. Shop

IRONMAN Canada, Whistler B.C.

IRONMAN Canada, Whistler B.C.
CLICK ON THE PICTURE ABOVE to donate now to help send me to Whistler, B.C. and raise awareness for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Hurry!! Time is running out!

Click To Donate to this Cause

My crazy quest for IRONMAN

I am on a mission to raise awareness and money for Ankylosing Spondylitis(A.S.) and arthritis through my competitions and rise to the top as a professional triathlete with A.S.. IRONMAN 2013 here I come. I have been training extremely hard and I won't stop until I get there!!!

"ENDURANCE For Ankylosing Spondylitis"

Friday, November 16, 2012

Lavaman EXPO A.S. Presentation

I am very excited for race day, which is just over 30 hours from now, but my focus is not completely on the race.  I have a job to do first, which will hopefully be a piece to the puzzle of getting the word out about Ankylosing Spondylitis.  I am ready to go.  Spondylitis Association of America has sent me a great number of informational supplies and goodies associated with A.S. Awareness.  I have also prepared some healthy nutty granola goodies with dried fruit and coconut oil, with the help of Chef Gabriel Rao of Waikoloa Grill 'n Bar. 

I have almost 1000 wrist bands ready to hand out for $1 donations and I am looking to use this expo as a building block for my local network for the Helgi Olafson Foundation.  Gerry Rott and Tanya Power have been absolutely amazing in helping me out and working with me to help get my message out there.  People are starting to believe in our mission. 

I just spoke to Derek Park, a buddy of mine and a coach at Waikoloa Canoe Club.  Derek has started a Non-profit called Paddling for Hope.  He has a race tomorrow and has told me that I have been a part of his inspiration to make this happen.  I feel so touched when people tell me that I have inspired them.  This is my job and this is what I will continue to do.

Derek and I both have a common reason we are racing other than for our foundations.  We are both racing in memory of Chris Landers, who passed this past summer in a head on collision on the Queen K highway on the Big Island.  He touched many souls with his heart and he will be remembered as family to the Waikoloa Canoe Club.  Chris embraced the culture of paddling so quickly, one would never know that it was his first team sport.  Chris used to weigh around 400 pounds and he was always too obese to play team sports, until a few years ago when he decided to beet it and he did just that.  This guy jogged 15 miles everyday in the hot Hawaii sun and watched the weight dissapear.  He made his dream come true by being aggressive and going after something that would seem unaccheiveable for most.  Christopher Michael Landers was a true inspiration to myself and to Derek Park.  Please be with us both this weekend.

Tomorrow I hope to generate buzz about A.S. and gain interest in my cause.  I truly feel that this is only the beginning and this network will be as solid as the rock we live on. Lavaman Keauhou is just the tip of the Iceberg. 

I look forward to the challenging road ahead. 

Please look at http://www.lavamantriathlon.com if you would like to find out more about the EXPO schedule(I go on stage at 1 p.m.)  or if you would like to check out the course.  Race results will be posted on this website early next week.

Thanks for keeping posted until now.  It has been my privelage to share my training blog with everyone.  I hope you all follow my other social networking links.  Please wish me luck on my first competitive triathlon.  This only happens once and it has been six months in the making!!!  The best part about it is that none of this would be possible without the support of everyone around me.

Mahalo,
Helgi

No comments:

Post a Comment